Saturday, June 11, 2011

The babies have grown up.

























































I have learned that these are Rouens pronounced Roan.They are a large breed duck that look just like wild mallards.They are used for decoration,and they can get 8-10 lbs and are used in exhibitions for it's beauty and size.

I wish I can get duncan to stop chasing them so they won't be so jumpy.I miss the peking ducks we used to have,they were nice and they came close so you could pet them.I will never be able to pet these ones..not with duncan around..


The males are staring to change their feathers so now we will find out how many hens and drakes we got.They all look the same until they start to molt then the males get thier pretty feathers.I like my ducks they are pretty neat.I think I'm a few steps closer to finally getting some chickens,if I can change Gc's mind...one can only hope.














No comments:

Post a Comment